Monday, May 18, 2015

Day 71 - Monday

Monday, 5/18/15, 8:03am

Weekend Update

The weekends always seem to go by so fast. We had a nice weekend. On Saturday my younger daughter had a play date with her BFFs (twin girls) and my brother came by for a little while. On Sunday I took the girls to a local tennis court to play some tennis. My older daughter was getting sick of hiking every weekend. When I asked her what outdoor activities she liked she suggested tennis. Thankfully my mom had three tennis rackets (two adult and one kids) that we could borrow. 

After tennis we stopped at the grocery store and then came home to straighten up the house before my mom arrived for dinner. I roasted a chicken with a side of gravy (freakin awesome), brown rice, and broccoli. It was delicious. We had some Pinot white wine with dinner that topped everything off perfectly. I normally don't drink but it was a really nice evening, and it was the first time we had my mom over for dinner at the new house. 

My favorite part of the weekend was definitely Sunday. I had so much fun playing tennis with my kids but, more importantly, they had a blast playing tennis. My younger daughter and I played against my older daughter and every time we scored a point we had to do a little dance which got hilarious. 

Dinner with my mom was also really nice. All in all it was a very good weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment