Monday, June 30, 2014

Day 57

Monday, June 30, 2014 @ 8:43pm

Today didn't quite go as planned.  I was very excited to go to the gym today and get back into my usual workout routine.  I arrived at my clients at 9:45am, which is earlier than I usually get there.  I figured it would take me anywhere from 2-4 hours to finish the work that needed to be done.  Unfortunately, I didn't realize how much work there was to do.  When I finally finished everything and left it was already 5:30pm.  That only gave me thirty minutes until I had to pick up my six year old from day care, which was no where near enough time to go to the gym beforehand.

Tomorrow I will be working in Lucas Valley all day at my Tuesday client's office and there is no way I will have enough time to go to the gym.  I will have to wait until Wednesday which is a bummer but what are you gonna do...?  At least I am feeling much better.

For breakfast today I ate a bowl of cereal.  We were out of my usual Special K so I had to eat some Chocolate Toast Crunch my bf bought for our kids.  I was so busy at work I didn't stop to make my lunch.  Instead, I ate two servings of sourdough nibbler pretzels.  For dinner I cooked some tacos using 96% lean ground beef from Trader Joes (plus the taco sauce and seasonings I cook the meat with), Mirancho organic corn tortillas, and 2% shredded jack & cheddar cheese.  After dinner I had a sweet craving and really wanted to eat a couple of the kid's Double Stuff Oreos (another food their father bought for them).  I decided I would calculate my food for the day to see if there was even an option of having dessert.  I am very happy I did that because it turned out I only had around 70 calories left for the day.  I could have eaten one Oreo but instead I opted for a small bowl of Haagen Daaz Lemon Sorbet (1/4 cup).

It is time for me to get the kids ready for bed.  After adding that cup of sorbet to my food log I ended up under my daily calorie (if only for 11 calories).  I am happy to say I am officially back on the wagon, not that I was ever really "off".  I was very worried I would start making excuses or start procrastinating like I have done in the past.  I don't really feel "back on the wagon" yet.  That won't happen until I get back to my usual workout routine on Wednesday.

Good night everyone.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment