Sunday, April 19, 2015

Day 42 - Morning Check-In

As I mentioned in my post last night, I have a ton of stuff to do today so I will have to make this short.  My goal today is the same as it was yesterday (to hit 10k steps on Fitbit) but I added a secondary goal which is to win the Fitbit Weekend Warrior challenge I am playing with two of my Fitbit friends.  Last night I was in the lead but now Christine has taken the lead because I have had a very slow start to my morning.  It is time to kick things into gear.

It's 10:30am and I am drinking my second cup of coffee while I sit at the kitchen table writing this post on my laptop.  I ate breakfast and had my first cup of coffee a couple hours ago (at 8:00am).  Since waking up, I just lounged in bed for a little while with my younger daughter watching Bob's Burgers on Netflix on the iPad.  I am so lazy in the mornings, I hate it.  Breakfast consisted of the usual Special K Fruit & Yogurt cereal.  Here is my meal plan for the rest of the day:

Snack:
Fruit (strawberries, apple, or grapes)

Lunch:
Thai Chicken Spring Rolls from Lean Cuisine (super delicious)


Snack:
Carrots w/ eggplant humus from Trader Joe's (also super delicious).  


Dinner:
Baked chicken, brown rice, green peas (or other green veggie).  Brown rice takes 45 minutes to cook on the stove which was making it hard to have dinner before 8:00pm during the work week.  A week or two ago I was at Trader Joe's and I stumbled across this frozen Organic Brown Rice which is delicious.  I couldn't even tell the difference between this and my normal steamed rice.  This box comes with three packs of rice.  All you have to do is pop a pack in the microwave for 3 minutes and voila! you have rice.


Dessert:
2 Fig Newton cookies 


On a side note, I have been sticking closely to my meal plan from last year in the hopes that I will lose weight quicker.  I also know from experience that it's good to switch things up.  As soon as you get bored with your food you will start to dislike what you are eating and then it's just a matter of time before you start eating unhealthy again.  

The only part of my previous meal plan that I am missing is the dessert: Snack Wells Devil Food cookies.  Safeway doesn't sell them anymore and I am sure Trader Joe's and Whole Foods don't sell them so I am not sure what to do.  I will look online and see what I find.  I bet they sell them at Target which I need to go to anyway to get my younger daughter some new leggings.

That's all for now.  I'll check back in later if I have time.

No comments:

Post a Comment