Monday, June 9, 2014

Day 35 - Evening Update

I kicked some serious butt at the gym today.  I started with 35 minutes on the elliptical but this time I really pushed myself and got in a great workout because of it.  I then moved on to 10 minutes on the Stairmaster.  I haven't used a Stairmaster in over a decade.  My legs were already feeling wobbly from the elliptical but I pushed myself even harder to pump out 10 intense minutes on the Stairmaster.  I then power walked on the treadmill for 6 minutes, followed by 15 minutes of stretching.  I then pushed myself yet again on the rowing machine.  I rowed for 15 minutes and can still feel the impact on my arms.  I topped my workout off with 45 minutes or strength training.  It was a GREAT workout and exactly what I needed.

After I left the gym I stopped at Subway for a sandwich.  I ate my sandwich in my car with the AC blasting while watching the second half of an episode of House (I started it on Saturday morning).  I drove over to Walgreens to pick up a few items (Father's Day cards, flip flops for my little one, nicotine gum...).  When I left the comfort of the air conditioned store I was blasted by the heat from outside.  As I walked across the hot asphalt parking lot back to my car I felt like I was melting.  I REALLY didn't feel like going to my office, after all, it was almost 4pm- How much work was I going to get done in an hour??  So decided to surprise my kids by picking them early and taking them to the pool.  I stopped at home to grab our swim suits and pool gear and set off to pick up my kids.  They were SO happy to go to the pool.  They were exhausted from the heat and were stoked they would get to cool off in the pool.

When we got to the pool it was "adult swim".  After changing into swim suits and slathering sunblock all over ourselves the life guards whistles went off announcing it was "free swim" again.  At this point it was 5:00pm and we had exactly one hour to swim before the pool closed.

The water felt amazing.  I know we went to the pool yesterday (which was also nice) but today we all really needed to cool off after a long hot day.  I played with my kids for the full hour and after it was up we packed up and headed back to the car.  I normally stop and get the kids ice cream after we go swimming but I warned the kids before going today that we would not be able to get ice cream afterward since it would be too close to dinner.  I had planned on stopping at Trader Joe's for some groceries and something for dinner but after my long workout and a swim I was exhausted!!  The kids were begging me for Taco Bell and I decided that would be okay.  They haven't had fast food in over a month and the beans and chips they order from Taco Bell aren't nearly bad as burgers and fries from McDonalds.  At home, as the kids ate their Taco Bell, I reheated the remaining taco meat from Saturday night's dinner and had tacos.

Food for today:

Breakfast:
Greek yogurt w/ 6 ounces of raspberries

Snack:
1.5 servings of baby carrots

Lunch:
6" turkey sandwich from Subway

Snack:
1 large Fuji Apple

Dinner:
Tacos :)

I also had Gatorade with my workout and 3 mini rice cakes at the pool.  I burned so many calories today I am seriously under my daily limit.  As always I am craving a bowl of cereal right now but it's 10:30pm and I have been really good about not eating past 8:00pm (basically after I have dinner).  If I was going to eat a bowl of cereal I should have done it earlier.  I do feel quite hungry right now but I am REALLY trying to get out of the bad habit of eating right before bed or in the middle of the night.  I am going to try and hang in there.  I could also always eat an apple...

Alright....time for bed.  Good night everyone.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment