Saturday, May 31, 2014

Day 25 - Evening Update

It's 11:42pm and I'm about to go to bed. Today was a pretty good day. I wish I could have made it to the gym but that wasn't possible. I ended up leaving my office at 6:00pm. I picked up my daughter from afterschool and stopped at the grocery store on the way home. As soon as I got home i unloaded the groceries from the car, put them away, and then hurried to make dinner. I wanted to take the kids for a walk downtown to get ice cream after dinner...at least that was the plan. After we ate dinner and cleaned off the table I was exhausted. I sat down on the couch and ended up falling asleep for 45 minutes. When I woke up i felt refreshed but it was too late to go for a walk (it was 8:45pm). 

I don't know why but I've been hungry all day. When I woke up from my catnap I still felt a little hungry so I ate a Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwich. I then added my dinner and dessert to my food journal on MyFitnessPal and saw that I went over my calories by 133- why did I eat that damn ice cream?!  

At 9pm, I put my kids to bed and cleaned the dishes left over from dinner. Since I was over my calories for the day I decided to do a little housework which would be recorded on my FitBit. Since my FitBit syncs with MyFitnessPal I figured I may be able to come in under my daily calories if I moved around enough by doing housework. 

So...I cleaned the kitchen, cleaned the bathroom, took out all of the household garbages (rooms, kitchen, bathroom...), took out the recycling, straightened up the living room, cleaned all of the toys off the front deck (did they really need 15 stuffed animals out there?), and then folded and put away a load of laundry. I am not sure if I'll end up coming in under my daily calories but at least I have less housework to do tomorrow. :)

I was mistaken about the party this weekend. It turns out the birthday party for the six year old is on Sunday. We were invited to another party on Sunday which I thought was fine because I thought the first one was on Saturday. I think we will still be able to attend both. The six year old's party is from 10am-12pm. I think the party for the one year old is later in the afternoon. 

As for tomorrow, my twelve year old still has Saturday school from 7:50am-11:00am. She wasn't feeling good this evening (which is a little "convenient") so there's a small chance that we may have to reschedule again. She has a cold but I don't thing she's sick enough to miss school, even if it's on a Saturday. It's also my Grandma's birthday tomorrow!! I think the family is planning on going out to dinner to celebrate. After I drop off my daughter at Saturday School tomorrow I'll have to pop by the mall to grab a gift.  

Since it turns out I won't be child free for a couple hours tomorrow it looks like I won't be able to go to the gym as planned- AGAIN. Boooooo. I am going to try and see if my mom can babysit for a couple hours. That way, I will still be able to make it to the gym. I haven't been to the gym since my double workout on Wednesday and not going for a couple days is making me all antsy and stressed out. 

Alright...It's 12:05am now and I have to go to bed. Good night everyone. xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had a good day. I know you had such a busy day, but it's good that you enjoyed it. I'm actually surprised that you still had the energy to clean up at 9:00 pm. You did so much cleaning. If that were me, I think I would've fallen to bed. Haha! Anyway, I really enjoyed reading your post. Thanks! :)

    Jill O'Brien @ Penn Valley Chemical

    ReplyDelete