Thursday, May 22, 2014

Day 17 - Morning Check-In

Good morning. Today I have a client from 10am-4pm. This is the client that closes at 4pm but I usually end up having to stay later... So we will have to see. I need to update this client's accounting software which requires everyone else to be logged off. Hopefully, I can do this next Thursday (it has to be done before 5/31). Since that's cutting it a little close, chances are I will have to do it today. This is a very large file so, chances are, it will take a while. There is also the possibility of starting the update, going to the gym, and then coming back to check on it. Again, we'll just have to see.

I used to have many vices but mainly: smoking and caffeine. Once I quit smoking I started chewing nicotine gum (and still am four years later). I swapped out cigs for food and the gum. I also quit drinking a couple years ago (I still drink, just 1-2 days a year). My one vice that had stood the test of time is caffeine. I LOVE caffeine. About a year ago I swapped out coffee every morning for sugar free RedBulls or Rockstars and since then, I drink an energy drink every morning instead of coffee. Every now and then I'll run out of RedBulls and have coffee in the morning but I usually stick w/energy drinks. When I wake up I feel groggy and tired and I like the instant gratification of going to the fridge and grabbing a caffeinated beverage. With coffee, I have to: fill up the kettle w/water, wait for it to boil, pack a filter full if coffee, and then once the water it boiling, I have to slowly pour it in. The bottom line is it takes time and when I wake up I want caffeine NOW!! Lol.

With my recent health kick, I have started wondering how healthy these energy drinks are. When I was at the store a couple days ago I picked up a pack of Starbucks Refresher packets. They are these little packets of powder that you mix into your water to turn the water into a sort of juice drink. What's awesome is that these powder bevs are loaded with green coffee beans. I tried one yesterday for the first time and it was pretty good. It was the Very Berry Hibiscus flavor.


It's a little strong for me but it's probably a whole lot healthier than Red Bulls and Rockstars. I think tomorrow I'm going to set up a weekly goal to stop drinking energy drinks for a week. I am curious if this will give me more energy or perhaps less energy. Either way, it seems a lit healthier to remove them from my diet.

I forgot to report... I did extremely well with my calorie count yesterday. It probably had something to do with the fact I didn't have time to cook dinner because we had to rush to Open House after I got off work. I ended up eating another microwave meal (which only has like 250 calories). I also had a great workout AND walked 6,661 steps on my FitBit Zip (we had to park about 1/4 mile from the school because there was NO WHERE to park last night). In the end it all paid off because my net calories consumed = 1,072! (1,426 - 354 from exercise)...and that's not counting my FitBit steps.

Meal plan for today:

Lunch:
Microwave Meal
Water

Snacks:
2 Servings Carrots
1-2 Servings Strawberries
1 Serving Pretzels
Lots of Water

Dinner:
Lemon Herb Chicken (new recipe yay!)
Brown Rice
Broccoli

Daily Goal: Join a fitness group online (with FitBit, MyFitnessPal, or MapMyFitness). The group has daily/weekly goals (like Biggest Loser) and you don't want to let your group down so you work your butt off even harder. It's also a place to make some online buddies who are in the same boat you are. Since almost all of my friends are skinny and gorgeous, it's hard to talk with them about my struggles.

Gotta get ready for work. Looking forward to another awesome day!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment