Saturday, May 16, 2015

Day 69 - Saturday 5/16/16

Saturday, 5/16/15, 5:00pm

I was so unbelievable tired when I woke up this morning. I'm not sure if it was all of the running I did this past week or what but I was super groggy and tired when I woke up today. Thankfully my younger daughter had some friends coming over at noon for a play date so I had to force myself (and my kids) to get up and do some much needed housework. 

I have come to realize the importance of getting up and moving around in the morning, after coffee of course. If I stay in bed and watch an episode or two of TV on Netflix on my iPad I find myself feeling lazy and I lack motivation to get up and do anything the rest of the day. If I get up and do yoga, for for a run, of do housework, I find that I am energized and feel good throughout the day. All it really takes is moving around for an hour or so. On mornings like today it's very hard to get up and do much of anything unless I'm forced to (like today). That is why I like to make plans between 11am and noon on Saturday. Then on Sunday I like to plan a fun activity outdoors for the kid's and I. The last couple of weeks we've been hiking, something my older daughter is quite sick of. She mentioned an interest in tennis though so I've decided to get a couple tennis rackets so we can start playing tennis on the weekends. I would love to get a bike to go riding with my kids but they are pretty expensive. 

The friends got picked up about twenty minutes ago. At the same time my brother stopped by to drop off something he had bought for my older daughter. I am looking around my messy house wondering why I even bothered cleaning BEFORE the seven year olds came over. Lol. 

I'm not sure what we'll do tomorrow but I'm sure I'll think of something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment