Monday, May 11, 2015

Day 64

Monday - May 11, 2015 - 7:56am

It's not even 8am and I've already consumed half of the sugar I'm allotted today. I woke up again with severe sugar cravings. Since I got rid of all (or so I thought) the "quick fix" food I was forced to make steel cut oatmeal for breakfast. The downside is that it takes about five minutes to make and another five minutes to cool down. The cravings were so strong I dug into some chocolate Teddy Gramhs that were in a bowl on the counter (my daughter got out yesterday). 

I have to find a better way of managing these sugar cravings. Getting rid of most of the sugary food has helped but now I'm turning to food I wouldn't generally eat. 

This morning I had an idea. I've read articles about sugar cravings and they said to try and wait them out, something that's easier said than done when in full craving mode. This morning I thought, what if I forced myself to wait fifteen minutes or so to see if the craving would in fact pass? I don't have a ton of confidence this will work but don't have a ton to lose at this point. 

The morning and late night cravings are the worst. I'm going to see if I can find some more articles today that can help. 

I'm still pretty bummed about my lack of weightloss. I honestly feel that i will not lose weight doing what I'm doing. I'm tempted to try a more drastic measure: Atkins, HCG, juice fast for two weeks... I try and constantly remind myself that this is just as much about health as it is about weightloss. It's hard to stay positive though when I'm still super tired on Thursday and Friday nights and am still stuck in the same rut. 

No comments:

Post a Comment