Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Day 65 - Cravings Subsiding?

Tuesday, 5/12/15, 6:58am

This morning I woke up craving sugar, but I do think the intensity of the craving was less than it usually is. Today I am sticking with the plan: eat less sugar. 

According to MFP I am allowed 74 grams of sugar a day.  I went through my food log to check to see if I was going over the limit. I only checked about a week back and was surprised that I only went over my sugar allowance by one or two days a week. I was even more surprised when I looked at the sugar in each food individually. Four Red Vines have 140 calories and 16g of sugar. A cup of Special K cereal has 15g as does 2/3 cup of organic vanilla almond granola. 

Before these last couple days, I didn't know how much sugar was "a lot". Now I do and I'm better equipped to plan my meals for the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment