Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Day 66 - No More Taco Nights

Wednesday, 5/13/15, 7:58am

Last night when I finished updating my food journal in MFP I realized that I had forgotten to include an ingredient from dinner. I cook the corn tortillas in a pan of canola oil. I have no idea how much oil soaks into the tortillas but I assumed it was at least a tablespoon. Once that was entered I noticed that the tacos I had for dinner contained over 600 calories, more than half of my daily calories. 

I was hungry for most of the day yesterday and ate only two snacks. I was SURE I was going to come in way under my daily calorie limit. I was shocked that I ended up almost going over. I think this may be the key to why I haven't lost weight. 

This week I am really going back to basics. First, i decided to keep a close eye on the amount of sugar I consume going forward to insure I don't go over my daily limit. Next, I decided to really track every single morsel of what I eat or drink. I thought I was doing this before but I was so focused on not feeling like I was dieting I think I may have made some mistakes. I am motivated again like I was in the beginning and it feels good. 

Instead of using weightloss to motivate me to exercise I am using the pending half marathon I'm committed to doing to motivate me. If I wanted to lose weight faster I would go to the gym. But its exhilarating pushing myself to run farther and farther each day. I never though I would be able to run 5k. On Monday I ran 8k! 



No comments:

Post a Comment